Friday 22 June 2012

Overview of Environment

I thought it would be good to outline my environment for this project before I go into specific details on setting up the Oracle Database Mobile Server, Mobile Development Kit etc.

Note: This is a pure development environment!

Server Hardware & OS:
 Intel Xeon 2 CPUs, 2.33 GHz with 6GB RAM
 Operating System is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.4 (Tikanga), 64-bit
JDK 1.6

Oracle Database (Backend):
 Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition 11.1.0.1.0
 Installed on the Intel Xeon Server described above

Middle Tier
 Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.2
 Installed on the same Intel Xeon Server described above

DMS
Oracle Database Mobile Server 11.1.0 for 64-bit Linux
Installed on the same Intel Xeon Server described above

Client:
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Mobile Development Kit

Development:
I am going to use Titanium Studio to develop mobile applications

In reality, I am cheating a bit because I am running Windows XP under a Virtual Machine on a Mac.

MacBook with 4GM RAM and 2GHz Intel Core Duo
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I use VMware Fusion 3.1. I have allocated 1.5 GB RAM to the VM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.